Company: B.E. Smith
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Innovate financial excellence as you join Alaska Native Tribal
Health Consortium as their new Corporate Controller in beautiful
Anchorage, Alaska!The Position
- The Corporate Controller is responsible for day-to-day
financial operations, including accurate accounting and the
maintenance of internal controls to ensure the protection of the
- Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Corporate
Controller will utilize technology, management, and analytical
skills to effectively ensure financial stabilization throughout
both the department, as well as the organization.
- This leader will have oversight of approximately 7+ direct
reports, and will manage multiple departments including Grant
Accounting, Audit and Tax, General Accounting, Treasury operations,
and Tribal Reimbursement.
- Responsible for monthly and annual financial reporting,
including the completion of Medicare and other governmental
financial reporting. This also includes accounting and financial
projections related to patient receivables, and technical memos for
- The Corporate Controller will create a positive working
environment, leading the team with a focus on engagement, culture,
and will provide effective tools and training to ensure that
reporting, compliance, funding, and audit initiatives are met.
- Seeking a knowledgeable leader with strong organization and
prioritization skills to ensure strong business and financial
- Candidates will ideally bring 7+ years of professional
experience within an accounting and/or finance setting, in addition
to strong knowledge of accounting principles, healthcare
reimbursement policies, analytical skills, and critical thinking
skills to ensure that the department procedures are running
- Bachelor's degree and Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
certification are required; Master's degree is preferred.The
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC) is a Joint
Commission accredited health organization providing primary care,
pharmacy services, physical therapy, surgery centers, and
multi-specialty clinics to more than 180,000 Alaska Native and
American Indian people of the state.
- As an extremely mission-centric organization, ANTHC strives to
provide the highest quality health services in partnership with its
communities and the Alaska Tribal Health System.
- ANTHC is the largest, most comprehensive Tribal health
organization in the country, employing more than 3,000 people
- ANMC includes a 173-bed, state-of-the-art hospital, a full
range of medical specialties, primary care services, and labs. The
ANMC hospital houses Alaska's first Level II Trauma Center and is
also a Level II Pediatric Trauma Center.
- The organization's work includes comprehensive medical services
at the Alaska Native Medical Center (ANMC), wellness programs,
disease research and prevention, rural provider training, and rural
water and sanitation systems construction.The Community
- Anchorage, Alaska, rests on the Cook Inlet, bordered by six
mountain ranges and warmed by a maritime climate to provide
year-round adventure and recreation.
- A city with close to 300,000 people, Anchorage balances modern
urban life with easy access to outdoor activities and summer days
offering up to 22 hours of sunlight. Anchorage is a place with
big-city amenities: museums, shops, theaters, an excellent music
scene, and fine restaurants that highlight the local fare of king
crab, halibut, and salmon. It is also home to Alaska's largest
college, the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Activities include easy access to skiing, biking, fishing,
river rafting, 60 glaciers within 50 miles of downtown, and
dazzling northern lights. Bordering much of the city is Chugach
State Park, a 495,000-acre wilderness area and the fourth largest
state park in the United States. With over 280 miles of trails, the
park offers hiking, backpacking, and biking opportunities for
people of all skill levels, with many trailheads accessible from
downtown Anchorage in 30 minutes or less.
- Anchorage residents experience low tax rates due to no state
income tax and no sales tax in the Municipality of Anchorage.
Anchorage also holds Alaska's largest school district and embraces
many cultures showcasing approximately 100 languages being spoken
throughout the schools.
- Anchorage Fur Rendezvous, or simply "Rondy," as most locals
call it, is one of the best winter festivals in Alaska.
Participants sculpt ice, ride the Ferris wheel, take part in the
entertaining Outhouse Race, and watch the Running of the Reindeer
through Downtown Anchorage. Another highlight is the Summer
Solstice Festival, which is a family-friendly festival that takes
over downtown Anchorage with live music, food, family activities,
food trucks, and a beer garden.#BESmith#LI-DP1#BESrecruitment
Keywords: B.E. Smith, Anchorage , Corporate Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...