IT Operations Manager
Company: RASMUSON FOUNDATION
Posted on: March 17, 2023
IT Operations Manager Reports to: CFO Direct Reports: None FLSA:
Exempt Last Updated: March 2023 Position Summary The IT Operations
Manager is responsible for the management and execution of the
Foundation's IT infrastructure and budget, ensuring all IT
initiatives support the overall goals and objectives of the
Foundation. This individual will improve business operations and
efficiency through analysis of technology and workflow; manage IT
support requests and ensure satisfactory service delivery; and
oversee and coordinate with vendors and external specialists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Enterprise Technology
- Manage the Foundation's IT infrastructure and assets.
- In conjunction with supervisor, direct the planning,
prioritization, implementation, deployment and evaluation of
enterprise IT initiatives.
- Lead efforts to identify opportunities to improve the
reliability and security of IT systems, increase efficiencies,
evaluate and review business opportunities, perform cost-benefit
analyses and conduct audits.
- Assist in creating annual IT operating & project budgets.
- Develop and maintain IT policies and procedures, including a
- Maintain a calendar of regularly scheduled IT tasks and
- Maintain best practice documentation for network/cloud
architecture, diagram, roles, permissions and access control.
- Ensure the Foundation is aligned to industry-standard security
- Communicate with employees to identify operational needs and
- Analyze trends to identify potential training needs, policy
updates and other opportunities for improvement.
- Represent the Foundation as a leader in the philanthropic tech
community in Alaska and regionally. Support Team Management
- Coordinate internal requests for IT support, identify needs,
consolidate information and submit help desk requests to the
appropriate service providers.
- Monitor support delivery and coordinate with service providers
to ensure requests are addressed in an accurate, satisfactory and
- Take ownership of service delivery and be able to provide
direct support to Foundation employees as needed due to time
constraints and/or availability of external service providers.
- Analyze help desk requests to identify trends and potential
- Manage user expectations to build trust and maximize confidence
in service providers.
- Meet with service providers on a periodic basis to discuss help
desk trends, outstanding help desk requests, upcoming needs and
projects, the overall health of the Foundation's IT infrastructure,
and the Foundation's IT roadmap/strategy.
- Document processes and workflows.
- Develop and deliver ongoing end user training opportunities.
Assist Foundation employees in developing a solid understanding of
Foundation technologies. - -
- Maintain and orchestrate onboarding/offboarding technology
- Manager user security training. - Vendor Relationship
- Collaborate with third parties/vendors to form business
partnerships, align efforts to reach desired goals, and ensure
products and services meet business needs.
- Collect recommendations and proposals from technology partners
to identify benefits, risks and desired outcomes. Recommend action
plans and obtain sponsorship from Foundation leadership.
- Lead efforts to negotiate and manage vendor contracts.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of prior experience in the
technology field. Applicable experience could include roles in
delivering user support, project management, business analysis,
systems analysis, or IT consulting services in a professional
environment with 10 or more users.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred; however, industry training,
certification and continuing education will be considered.
- Confidence administrating enterprise solutions and
infrastructure such as:
- Windows 10/11
- Office 365
- Ability to effectively understand new business applications and
coordinate troubleshooting and support between employees and
application vendors such as:
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills for issues of
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Team leadership to align internal and external participants to
a common goal.
- Pleasant and professional demeanor in all external and internal
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and patient when
- Comfortable with speaking to our group of employees (typically
less than 30).
- Alignment with the Foundation's mission and vision. -
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as a core
- Ability to accommodate occasional evening and weekend work.
- Hybrid, remote work Mon & Fri, work in the Anchorage office Tue
- Thurs, in Anchorage, Alaska. -
- Some travel may be required. COVID Protocol
- Full COVID-19 vaccination, including applicable booster shots
required. Rasmuson Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that
values diversity and its role in building a more inclusive culture
and, ultimately, a more capable organization
Keywords: RASMUSON FOUNDATION, Anchorage , IT Operations Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...