Utility Billing Specialist
Company: CTG Canada
Posted on: November 23, 2022
CTG is recruiting for experienced Utility Billing Specialist -to
join our team in Anchorage, Alaska. This is a full-time, long-term
position supporting a client in the Utility Industry. ***Must be
local to Alaska and able/willing to work onsite.***Summary
This position is responsible for the accurate and timely operations
of monthly meter reading and billing schedules. Oversees revenue
fieldwork support to coordinate with engineering and operating
divisions. Effectively manages employees through leadership,
directions, training, and performance management to help minimize
lost revenue, resolve damage claims and coordinate cost recovery
- Oversees and manages billing and reading schedules including
route schedules, review of meter read data, and coordinates the
processing of information including transferring the data, into the
Customer Information System, reviewing for errors, resolving
discrepancies, and ensuring data integrity.
- Oversees the accurate and timely billing for member accounts.
Ensures billing processes such as pre-bill and flat rate street and
yard lights reviews, and read posting are completed timely and
accurately, systematical bill estimation is authorized, and data is
correctly processed and/or transferred into the Customer
- Oversees and review specialized account billing for commercial
members (e.g., small commercial, large secondary service, large
primary service, power buyback, seasonal commercial, military
bases, and federal accounts).
- Manages, reviews, performs advanced quality control and
corrections, and approves billing batches.
- Oversees quality control measures regarding rate and billing
factor changes in Customer Information System.
- Ensures compliance with net metering standards.
- Oversees and determines deposit calculations for commercial
- Performs advanced researched and troubleshooting related to
high bill complaints escalated from lower-level MSRs.Meter Reading
- Schedules and oversees accurate reading of Chugach's meters.
Prepares and schedules routes, regularly review meter read data,
and coordinates the processing of information including
transferring the data, error review and resolution for all revenue
- Oversees the maintenance and operation of the meter reading
system by authorizing hardware/software upgrades, coordinating with
vendors with problems, and testing program interfaces between meter
reading systems and Customer Information System.
- Oversees and supports meter reading processes.Revenue Fieldwork
- Oversees the accurate and timely scheduling and completion of
field service processes, including service/work orders for
connects, disconnects, hazard removal, meter installation and
credit leave notices.
- Oversees and manages new service installation requests,
coordinates with operating and engineering divisions as
- Manages field investigations related to power theft, fraud,
meter mix-ups, billing errors, meter reader complaints, and
hazardous service locations. Documents power diversion/power theft
cases and maintains records.
- Oversees and coordinates the investigation and evaluation of
damage claims -as well as the recovery of damages to -property.
Coordinates the collection of information used in these
determinations in accordance with appropriate tariff, statute, or
- Responsible for all duties related to the Revenue Assurance
program, including documentation, and gathering evidence for
tampering and fraud investigations.
- Supervises a multi-level and multi-disciplinary team.
Initiates, takes ownership of, and effectively recommends
recruiting, selecting, hiring, coaching, rate performance, and
engaging in corrective action recommendations for employees
following the polices and/or collective bargaining agreements
- Develops and oversees team's action and individual works plans
in accordance with department and company objectives.
- Oversees training and ongoing development of staff to include
identifying training needs/plans, as well as direct and indirect
resources to allow for training opportunities.
- Directs, plans work assignments, and manages Revenue Assurance
- Participates in overall budget preparation with management team
to identify yearly objectives, action plans, and special projects
related to budgetary needs. Identify annual budget projects for
team including, but not limited to, personnel, training, equipment,
and technology costs.
- Reviews and approves requisitions an invoice in accordance with
budget plans and schedules. Performs annual budget review and
reconciliation. This includes reviewing expenditures and
allocations on a regular basis, analyzing discrepancies and issues
of concern and adjusting when necessary.
- Ensures -operateration -in compliance with all regulatory and
corporate policies and procedures, CBAs, tariffs, and statutory
- Exercises authority to resolve employee, customer, and vendor
complaints for applicable [policies, procedures, CBAs, (within the
terms of the current CBA), tariffs, and/or statutory requirements
- Provides direction to Information Services department personnel
regarding applicable Customer Information System development
changes. Including : process workflow analysis, troubleshooting and
testing, data analysis, system design, etc.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with electrical utility distribution systems and
working knowledge of utility metering practices.
- Deep Knowledge of and proficiency with meter reading systems
and commonly accepted billing processes.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of billing practices in a
regulated public utility environment for metered services.
- Knowledge of customer services operations, including account
creation, maintenance and termination, reception, and customer
- Proficient with complex computerized billing systems.
- Fluent proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
Outlook, and similar software, with the ability to demonstrate at
an intermediate or beyond skills set.
- Knowledge of budget practices and principles.
- Ability to identify and solve complex billing, metering, and
customer- side electrical problems.
- Ability to establish rapport with both internal and external
representatives, maintaining courteous, respectful, and
- Must have strong communication skills, oral and written,
including skills in public speaking, persuasive communication,
conflict resolution, and conducting investigations.
- Ability to use sound, logical judgment and be an effective
decision maker.Minimum Qualifications and ExperienceBachelor's
Degree from an accredited university in business administration,
human resources, communications, electrical engineering, finance,
accounting, or related field is requiredFive (5) years
progressively responsible experience in a supervisory capacity
overseeing utility field metering, fraud/power theft
investigations, metered utility billing or similar utility
operations is required. Supervisory experience in a union
environment is preferred.To Apply
To be considered, please immediately apply to this requisition
using the link provided.Kindly forward to any other interested
parties-thank you!Drug testing and/or other employment-related
inquires may be conducted.CTG's Benefits Plan allows you to select
insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in
our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible
Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock
Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than
2,000 web-based technical, professional development courses. CTG is
a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services
that accelerate clients' project momentum and achievement of their
desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an
indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career
destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations
in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For
more information, visit www.ctg.com. Our culture is a direct result
of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions
we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living,
breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we
engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of
our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops
the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to
Work-certified company across many of our global operations. CTG
will consider for employment all qualified applicants including
those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws. CTG
is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will
assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and
employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits,
compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals
without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression,
age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or
any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our
Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality
and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to
promoting employment opportunities for members of protected
classes. Additional Information
- Job Function: Operations Management
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree ( -16 years)
- Work Remote: No
- Travel: No My ProfileCreate and manage profiles for future
opportunities. Click here to learn more about CTG, the company
culture, and our employee benefits, and read what it's like to work
at CTG from current employees.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such affirms the right
of every person to participatein all aspects of employment without
regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex,sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital or veteran
status, citizenship statusor any other discriminatory factors as
required by law. If you are interested in applying for
employmentand need special assistance or an accommodation to apply
for a posted position,click here. Copyrirght @ 2021 by CTG. All
Keywords: CTG Canada, Anchorage , Utility Billing Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!