Small Business & Investment Services - Commercial Business Financial Services Manager
Company: North State
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Small Business & Investment Services - Commercial Business
Financial Services Manager Alaska, USA --- MSB - Denali Financial
Center, 440 East 36th Avenue, Anchorage, Alaska, United States of
America Req #108 Wednesday, August 3, 2022 We embrace passionate
Team Members who consistently display our values: United,
Informative, Approachable, Caring and Transparent. We are united in
our collective effort to achieve member goals and proactively
provide solutions tailored to individual Member needs. We are
committed to ensuring that each Member receives a positive service
experience and trusted financial advice. Join the Nuvision Team
today! Let us be part of your career journey! In conjunction with
the VP Commercial Origination & Business Development Executive,
this role develops and executes the Commercial and Business Segment
for lending and deposit products. In collaboration with internal
corporate business partners, develops business strategy, grows the
commercial and business membership and delivers on Commercial
Effectively builds the commercial and business segment of the
credit union portfolio by soliciting, promoting and communicating
credit union membership and its benefits. This includes existing
relationships and making sure retention of those relationships is
kept to the highest levels. Participates in community activities to
promote and increase awareness of Nuvision Federal Credit
Develop, train, and collaboratively work with the retail and Small
Business teams on the commercial and business products and services
offered by the credit union for referrals.
This role is responsible for researching to understand competitive
landscape within the various markets, uses findings and insights to
help define product niches, establish product pricing
recommendations and distribution channels. Drives culture and
change processes that build and evolve the commercial and business
segments within the Nuvision marketplaces.
- Leads Commercial and Business Financial Services team (hires,
trains and manages) collaborating with internal corporate business
partners and markets to ensure products meet the need of the
commercial and business segment. Builds strong, collaborative
relationships with the members to keep retention of those members
high and to grow the commercial and business membership according
to assigned sales goals.
- Collaborates with commercial lending, small business team and
retail partners to ensure product development for the commercial
and business segments are effectively being offered to understand
where enhancements are needed and the retention of the commercial
and business membership is kept at the highest level.
- Responsible for the Commercial & Business FS Branch Operations.
To include approving overrides, check holds, deposit items, and
withdrawal amounts that are above and beyond a teller's/BFSO
- Accountable for research, understanding competitive landscape
of products and services, understanding the specific needs within
each market. Provides recommendations as needed.
- Monitors performance, provides ongoing performance feedback and
coaching to direct reports, indirect reports and others as needed,
and conducts performance & development conversations as well as
effective performance evaluations.
- Implement, monitor, and ensure compliance with Credit Union
policies and procedures in relation to commercial and business
operations. Review and recommend changes to department procedures
to improve efficiencies and exceed member service and sales
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities.
Represents the Credit Union in a positive and professional manner.
Maintains member, team members and other sensitive information with
confidentiality. Treats co-workers and members with respect.
- Supports, participates and volunteers in credit union member
community activities, member relations and events that promotes
member centric experiences.
- Other related duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- Three years related experience working in business or cash
management services including 1-year supervisory or management
- Knowledge of managing a team with management standards and
practices. Knowledge on how to grow a business unit.
- Strong knowledge of business deposit and loan products,
commercial cash management experience.
- Proven ability to garner business
- Solid understanding of federal/state/credit union rules,
regulations and compliance around Business Deposits
- Research and competitive analysis understanding
- Knowledge on how to build and manage business
- Excellent customer service and problem resolutions skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate office machines to include
- Proficient with PC and demonstrated ability to use Microsoft
applications including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in person and
over the phone.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal
- Effective management, development, coaching and motivational
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively
listen, understand, anticipate needs and interact with all levels
of staff, members and external third-parties
- Business Acumen, Process Management, Negotiating, Conflict
Management, Developing Direct Reports, Motivating Others, Sizing Up
- Drives for Results: demonstrated ability to achieve business
- 2- year AA degree or equivalent
- Experience working at a financial institution.
- Knowledge at a level normally acquired through completion of a
Bachelor's degree in a related financial or business field is
required or 3 or more years of equivalent work related experience.
Website: nuvisionfederal.com/careers Benefits:
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Training Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement Covid-19 Precaution(s):
- Remote Interview Process (some positions vary)
- In-Person Interview required for Front-Line Positions
- Social Distancing and Mask Guidelines in place
- MSB - Denali Financial Center, 440 East 36th Avenue, Anchorage,
Alaska, United States of America
Keywords: North State, Anchorage , Small Business & Investment Services - Commercial Business Financial Services Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!