Company: The Dewitt Companies
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Approved Transportation and Warehousing has an immediate opening
for a qualified Billing Specialist to join our team in San Diego.
This position will own the billing process for our Alaska location
and is solely responsible for invoicing the appropriate agents and
carriers upon completion of a job. The ideal candidate is detail
oriented and has previous billing experience.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Access Compu Move software to determine that a job has been
completed and access all necessary paperwork for the invoice.
- Create invoices in Compu Move to be billed directly to carrier
or agent for payment.
- Submit invoice to carriers and/or agents within 48 hours after
completion of job.
- Correct any invoices with discrepancies and resubmitting for
payment when necessary.
- Assist collections team when an invoice is past due by
providing appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
- Clearly and accurately explain invoices to carriers or agents
providing clarification if needed
- Handle billing and invoicing for water consolidation.
- Process and follow up on denials, regenerating the invoice and
resubmitting if an adjustment is required.
- Work closely with accounting department to ensure accruals are
entered for each shipment in Compu Move.
- Responsible for running daily, weekly, monthly reports to
management and accounting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.REQUIRED SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively with collections team as
well as carriers and agents
- Ability to routinely and accurately complete repetitive and
- Attention to detailREQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Associates in accounting preferred but not required
- 3+ years of billing experience
- Experience with billing in the transportation industry
preferred but not required
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Excel, to include pivot
- Experience with of ocean freight tariffs preferred, but not
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. unassisted
- Repeating motions on a computer that may include the wrists,
hands and/or fingers
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standingWORKING
- Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5 PMBENEFITS:
- Medical, Vision & Dental
- FSA Medical and Dependent
- Guardian benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Paid HolidaysEqual Opportunity
Keywords: The Dewitt Companies, Anchorage , Billing Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!