Clerk, Audit- Consumer
Posted on: January 13, 2022
GCI's Audit - Consumer Clerk will be a key role in
administrating, reviewing, researching, reporting, and analyzing
audits of compiled data within Consumer's internal departments;
through daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly analytics and
reporting measures. Utilizing data and various metric analyses
provide insight and assistance for management's operational
decisions to support management's efforts. Provide guidance,
support and instruction to representatives and assistant managers
statewide to improve accuracy and compliance. Work with Regulatory
documentation, and contractual compliance issues.
Compliance is a meaningful part of GCI's overall strategy. This
position will champion compliance within the Consumer Services
Department (GCIC) primarily through auditing sales orders
associated with Customer Consent and auditing financed device
arrangements associated with customer equipment. Position will be
instrumental in remediating customer consent and financed device
audit deficiencies by proactively identifying compliance risks,
creating formal control documentation, and implementing controls in
response to identified risks. The position will provide regular
feedback to Consumer management regarding findings and steps needed
to remediate and / or avoid compliance deficiencies. Routine
reviews of compliance control effectiveness and process
improvements with Consumer Services' management is expected.
Position will work across all functions of Consumer Services and
with Accounting, Internal Audit, and external auditors to perform
Essential Duties of Position: Prepare, develop, and analyze daily,
weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and presentations regarding
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)'s and other key statistical data
presented to management. Run Ad hoc reporting as requested to
identify information. Analyze available data and develop written
reports, summaries, forecasts, charts, diagrams, and graphs for
various internal and external sources. Participate in efforts and
encourage ideas that are designed to improve service levels within
the organization ensuring the most efficient use of technology and
resources are being utilized.
* Audit, maintain, and report on programs/services that fall under
* Audit prior-day Customer Consent sales orders each day.
* Complete the Audit workbook timely and accurately.
* Update the Audit workbook appropriately based on feedback
provided by management.
* Analyze daily statistics and report on the findings, including
any discrepancies and non-compliance issues
* Assist in product, billing, and Audits, compile, and format data
for quarterly validation.
* Collect, research, review, validate and maintain files of
escalated issues regarding contractual and procedural compliance
and potential regulatory filings
* Establish and maintain a Regulatory Library to use as a reference
and assist with regulatory research and documentation.
* Meet established deadlines and report task
* Perform monthly calibrations of evaluations using established
* Implementation of various quality checks and audits that focus on
order and billing accuracy.
* Gather and analyze statistical information for management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize while remaining
professional with agents and coworkers.
* Well-developed written and oral communication skills including
active listening skills.
* Knowledgeable and proficient use of the Internet and
windows-based applications, including but not limited to, Micro
Soft office and e-mail programs.
* Demonstrated ability to handle complex, escalated problems with a
successful resolution while maintaining composure during high
* Demonstrated positive and innovative approach to problem
* Effectively able to adjust agent schedules to assist when call
volume is high
* Must have the ability to work with various personalities, display
leadership skills through organization, delegation and decision
making to meet agent, customer and company needs
* Assist and encourage positive behaviors while working to improve
* Ability to recognize coaching opportunities and provide that
feedback to management
* Effective analytical skills required.
* High level of reliability and professionalism with a
self-motivated desire to exceed expectations.
* Ability to develop, maintain and generate reports on a timely and
* Ability to follow through complex issues to their conclusion.
* Ability to make ethical and appropriate decisions.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Demonstrated accountability and ownership for actions.
* Self-motivated - desires to exceed in meeting internal deadlines
* Positive and innovative approach to problem solving.
* Consistent adherence and commitment to the company's Declaration
of Principles, Basic Principles, and code of Business Conduct and
* Must be able and willing to work flexible hours including, but
not limited to, overtime, on-call, and/or additional time on
weekends, holidays, evenings, before or after normal shift
* Minimum five (5) years of experience in a telecommunications,
bookkeeping, accounting, audit, or related industry or field
* Strongly preferred but not required:
* One (1) year in a lead or proven leadership role in a Call Center
or Retail environment.
* Knowledgeable of GCI products, service, and billing
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Associates degree or related course work highly desired.
* Certifications: Industry specific certifications are highly
valued and can contribute towards years of experience/
Because GCI is a Federal contractor subject to Executive Order
14042, all GCI employees are required to be fully vaccinated*
against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GCI will consider
requests for accommodation if an individual's medical condition,
disability, or sincerely held religious belief prohibits receipt of
the COVID-19 vaccine.
Physical Requirements: Physical effort may include stooping,
kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing,
pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive
motions. Clarity of vision to see near, mid-range, and color.
Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Working Conditions: The work area must be quiet and free of
distractions. Lighting must be adequate and without glare.
Distracting noises should be kept to a minimum. The employee's desk
must be adequate, designed to safely accommodate the equipment the
employee must use, e.g., computer, printer, keyboard, monitor etc.
The employee must have reliable connectivity to the internet to
access GCI via VPN. Employee workstation must comply with GCI's
The company and its subsidiaries operate in a 24/7 environment
providing critical services to Alaskans and may need to respond to
public health and safety matters or other business emergencies. Due
to business needs employees may be contacted outside of the core
business hours to respond to the immediate emergency. As such, you
will be requested to provide emergency after hours contact numbers,
to include your home and cell phone numbers if you have those
Driving Requirements (if applicable): Must possess and maintain a
valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and acceptable driving
record. May be required to travel between company office
EEO: We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
another characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been
designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.
Keywords: GCI, Anchorage , Clerk, Audit- Consumer, Accounting, Auditing , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!