Branch Supervisor I - Retail Banking - Float Pool
Company: Northrim Bank
Posted on: January 12, 2022
At Northrim Bank, our vision is to be Alaska's premier bank and
employer of choice. We are looking for professional and
knowledgeable employees who take pride in their work. We believe in
providing value for our customers and communities.Position
SummaryThe Branch Supervisor leads assigned branch staff and
collaborates with the Assistant Branch Manager to achieve efficient
operation of branch activities by coaching, motivating, and
training employees with regards to Superior Customer First Service,
Sales and Teamwork. Other duties include staff scheduling, and
contributing/participating in employee performance reviews and
meetings. This position may originate and close consumer loans as
well as sell/service products and services, if properly licensed,
available through Northrim Investment Services (NIS).
The following duties are intended to provide a representative
summary of the major duties and responsibilities and ARE NOT
intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed
by all employees in this classification. Incumbent(s) may not be
required to perform all duties listed and may be required to
perform additional duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and monitor daily Branch operations/workflows and
staff schedules, to include timecard review. Actively look for ways
to increase productivity and efficiencies within the Branch.
- Perform, review, and approve over-the-counter general and
complex paying and receiving transactions.
- Oversee in-branch activities and customer inquiries to include
approving transactions, completing customer service requests for
cash and non-cash transactions, account inquiries, check and ACH
stop-payment, lost/stolen checks, statement and research
- Monitor and direct Teller/Universal Banker staff delivery of
Superior Customer First Service and provide on-going
coaching/training to support Bank Transformation.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of all Northrim deposit
products and services, and a basic understanding of those offered
by Northrim's Affiliates to make effective Referrals.
- Identify cross-sell opportunities to gain, build and retain
banking relationships. Refer and sell products/services to fit the
customers' needs. Assist with achieving the Branch goals set forth
in the annual departmental strategic plan.
- Assist customers, resolve problems and manage the customer
experience in order to consistently exceed customer
- Process overdraft exceptions and management activities in
absence of Branch Manager (Br Mgr.) and/or Assistant Branch Manager
- Open/Close the Branch, and Control currency/coin in a
responsible manner within security guidelines and drawer limits.
Ensure all branch cash drawers balance daily within Northrim
Transaction Error/Outage Guidelines.
- Work closely with the Security/Risk Management Department to
recognize fraudulent transactions and prevent losses. Recognize
systemic indicator of fraudulent activity to prevent potential
losses to the Bank and its customers.
- May originate and close/book Consumer Loans. If properly
licensed, sell and service products/services offered through
- Complete online, written and in-person compliance training
within established timeframes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Specific Responsibilities Branch Supervisor I
- Provide escalated customer service support to internal and
external customers via phone, email, and online requests in a
courteous and efficient manner.
- Provide support to the Br Mgr. and ABM to ensure all customer
service compliments, complaints and suggestions assigned to the
customer comment application are addressed in a timely manner and
with a high level of customer satisfaction.
Branch Supervisor II
- Oversee the branch incoming queues and ensure customer problems
are satisfactorily resolved by clarifying issues, researching and
exploring answers, suggesting solutions, implementing resolutions,
escalating issues as warranted, and validating customer needs are
- Maintain an advanced knowledge of Northrim deposit
products/services, electronic banking applications, and Affiliate
products/services. Maintain a foundational understanding of
consumer and commercial loan products to make effective
- Oversee and perform account maintenance activities such as
changes to; new account ownership, address, contact information,
marital status and opt in/out requests.
- Provide training for delivering technical assistance for
electronic channel products, to include basic troubleshooting of
customer operating systems, devices, and browsers as they relate to
- Work with ABM and Br Mgr. to prescreen and interview for hiring
of new employees, provide feedback for performance
coaching/reviews, to include written format and meeting
participation through observation.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
company policies and applicable laws.
- Oversee productivity, ensure accountability, value differences,
and motivate and develop staff. Responsibilities include
collaborating and coordinating with the ABM/Br Mgr. to recruit,
retain and grow employees; delegate/follow-up workflows and help
prepare and participate with performance evaluations; working with
the ABM/Br Mgr. to address work related issues.
- Ensure employees complete compliance training within
established timeframes; understand and implement compliance
requirements applicable to their positions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience Branch Supervisor I
- Three years of customer service and sales experience to
- Two years of related financial institution experience.
- One year of supervisory experience preferred.
Branch Supervisor II
- Four years of customer service and sales experience to include:
- Two years of related financial institution experience.
- One year of supervisory experience required.
Branch Supervisor I and II
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience that
fulfill the requirements of the position may be considered.
- Related Education, Financial Institution, Military experience
may be used as a substitute for education or work experience.
Licenses & Certifications
- State of Alaska Life Insurance License preferred.
- This position may require accurate and current registry with
the National Mortgage Loan Licensing Registry to include annual
renewals and submission of fingerprints every three years, and must
pass a criminal background check.
Knowledge & Communication Skills
- Advanced customer service skills, consultative sales skills,
and communicate information in a positive and professional
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that requires
attention to detail and accuracy.
- Competently read, write, and speak English sufficiently to
comprehend, analyze, and effectively communicate business
memorandums, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Must understand and have the ability to implement applicable
Analytical & Decision Making Skills
- Resolve complex and greatly varied customer service issues
- A high level of analytical ability is required to determine
solutions to difficult and complex problems.
- Ability to produce, interpret and explain documents such as
procedural manuals, business documents, and safety/security
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to
perform independently in setting objectives and determining how to
- Able to multi-task and accomplish high degree of accurate work
that adheres to established processes, procedures and
- Must be alert to fraudulent activity to prevent potential
losses to the bank or our customers.
Computer/Software/Other Equipment Skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Ability to operate standard office
equipment such as PC, printer, fax/copier, and telephone.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Full Time, Non-ExemptGrade 14Northrim Bank is an equal opportunity
and affirmative action employer. Northrim Bank does not
discriminate in employment based upon race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical
or mental disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy,
parenthood, marital status, changes in marital status, genetic
information or any other status protected by federal, state or
Keywords: Northrim Bank, Anchorage , Branch Supervisor I - Retail Banking - Float Pool, Accounting, Auditing , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!