Posted on: January 11, 2022
Title Accounting Technician Job Reference 21-0324 Post Date
12/15/2021 CARC Yes City/Location Anchorage State AK Point of Hire
Anchorage, AK Company DDI - Doyon Drilling Inc Reports To
Accounting Supervisor Type of Position Regular Full-Time FLSA
Status Non-Exempt Hours 40 hours per week Schedule Monday - Friday
Description JOB SUMMARY
The accounting technician is responsible for timely and accurate
processing of customer invoices and routine payments for Doyon
Drilling, Inc. This position is also responsible for the timely and
accurate preparation of accounts receivable invoicing for Doyon
Drilling, Inc., managing collections from customers, and weekly
cost reports to customers.
- Maintenance of accounts payable and accounts receivable
internal controls procedures to ensure that transactions are
recorded timely, accurately, correctly and are properly
- Review and understand contract specifications, terms, and
- Perform account reconciliation of subsidiary systems with the
- Coordinate and communicate with management and field
- Research accounting related questions
- Respond to external and third-party inquiries as
- Maintain accurate filing of accounting records
DOYON LIMITED CORE COMPETENCIES
- Commitment to Excellence - Identifies what needs to be done and
takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job
- Company Values- Understand, embraces, and integrates Doyon
Drilling's mission, vision and core values into everyday duties and
- Customer Services - Identifies and responds to current and
future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and
- Teamwork - Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens,
and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or
outside the organization.
- Safety and Security - Promotes a safe work environment for
co-workers and customers.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Adaptability - adapts to changing conditions and work
assignments, set priorities and manages multiple assignments and
- Attention to detail - ensures work and information are complete
- Time management - manages time effectively when accomplishing
tasks, projects, and goals
- Independence - works minimal supervision
- Willingness to learn - willing to learn new skills or
techniques to meet changes of job duties and responsibilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 to 3 years' experience in the accounting field.
- Associates Degree in Accounting.
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting
with a wide variety of people with differing functions,
personalities and abilities.
The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking,
standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than forty
pounds. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
It is Doyon Drilling's business philosophy and practice to provide
reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and
federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental
Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and
second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native
corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of
employment and training, which include, but are not limited to
hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this
position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or
A review of this position has excluded marginal functions of the
position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job
duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions
and requirements and are subject to possible modification to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform
this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills,
aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some
requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or
significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of
knowledge, skills or abilities.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract,
implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work
within the framework of this job description at any time without
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
- Employee Portal
- Contact Us
- Employee Portal
- Contact Us
Keywords: Doyon, Anchorage , Accounting Technician, Accounting, Auditing , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!