Certified Public Accountant
Company: Adam Shay CPA
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Senior Tax Associate Job Advertisement
Adam Shay CPA is currently seeking a Senior Tax Associate to do all
the normal stuff you'd expect from a CPA position (prepare entity
and individual tax returns, manage and maintain relationships with
clients, and recommend and implement tax planning strategies) but
we aren't your average firm. You won't find our team in a cubicle
crunching numbers quietly. Instead, we're proactively reaching out
to our clients, staying in tune with their tax needs, but also
remaining dialed into their lives -- which of their kids just
started college, how they're enjoying the boat they purchased last
year, and what kind of renovations they're making to their
We want an individual that will be a motivated and dynamic member
of the team. An individual that helps the firm to innovate --
constantly creating more efficient processes and workflows,
bringing new technologies and strategies to light. The status quo
is not a thing around here. And, although we love our offices --
headquartered in the beautiful, coastal area of Wilmington, NC --
we're happy to welcome someone to the team in a fully remote,
hybrid, or completely in-office position.
At Adam Shay CPA, we believe in being transparent and honest in all
we do. We are passionate about our work and we strive to have fun
while we do it. We also recognize the importance of change and
entrepreneurship and we embrace both. We serve our clients with the
latest technology and approaches. We see our clients as
individuals, not just numbers. Our CPAs don't keep timesheets or
track billable hours. We work in a collaborative team environment
to provide our clients with quality products. Does this sound like
a culture you could contribute to? Keep reading to learn more about
our Senior Tax Associate role.
- Collaborate with peers and leadership team.
- Prepare entity and individual tax returns.
- Recommend and implement tax planning strategies.
- Improve and innovate processes and workflow.
- Manage client relationships and interact with them on a
- Identify additional opportunities with clients.
- Depending upon experience, conduct technical reviews for the
work of other team members.
We stand out to our clients because we:
- Are a fixed price, modern, and technology-driven firm.
- Take a proactive approach to our relationships.
You'll appreciate that we:
- Have excellent benefits (see below)!
- Have a healthy culture that believes in life balance and family
- Support great local organizations like NourishNC and Mission of
Mercy, as well as coordinate clothing and food drives. We're
intentional about being involved in our community.
- Do not have timesheets or track billable hours.
- Believe in providing consistent growth opportunities and
training to our team so that we can continue to better ourselves
individually and collectively.
- Have flexible work schedules (we're not clock watchers).
- Give our team the option to work from anywhere.
To land this gig, you must have:
- A CPA license.
- 3-5 years of tax and accounting experience with a public
accounting firm, including 1120S and 1065 income tax
- A desire to help people and businesses grow and prosper.
- A sense of humor!
- Good communication with co-workers and clients.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Be self-motivated and a quick learner.
- Great attention to detail.
- Team player.
Check out the benefits:
- Well first off, we think the team here is pretty great.
- Generous benefit options including:
- medical insurance (75% of the monthly premium is paid for by
Adam Shay CPA!), vision insurance, dental insurance, and life
- 401K with a match of 3%.
- UNLIMITED time off. Did we mention you have the chance to live
in beautiful southeastern North Carolina and enjoy all of this life
balance and unlimited PTO?
- Opportunities for career growth: wow us, and we will lay out a
clear path to partner for you. We're results-oriented, not
- A results-only driven work environment - we don't care about
and don't track timesheets.
- A great team environment and culture.
- Exposure to new technologies and methods to keep you on the
cutting edge of the industry.
- A client-facing role.
Keywords: Adam Shay CPA, Anchorage , Certified Public Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!