Posted on: March 25, 2020
- Requirements & Summary Company: Competentia
Skills: Budget / Cost Control , Cost Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the
following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria,
you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Our client, an international Exploration and Production Operator,
is currently seeking a Cost Controller to join their Anchorage, AK,
team. This is an immediate opening. Competitive pay and benefits
package, with a matching 401K.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for documentation, tracking and reporting of AK
Opex and Capex budgets for Production, Maintenance, Well
Operations, Safety Environmental Quality, and Logistics
Departments. Additional support may also be needed for the ICT
(Telecom), Health, and other ancillary groups.
- Coordinate and support budgeting creating and cost optimization
- Ensure correct and consistent cost allocation/ coding of OPEX
WBS and Capex AFE.
- Support development of year end, annual and 4-year budget/
- Assist Department Managers and contract owners by generating
reports providing Year to Date and historical spending together
with yearend extrapolations as relevant
- Assist Department Managers and contract owners in creating a
bottoms-up detailed CAPEX and OPEX budget for their scopes of work.
Ensure these budgets are maintained in the CORA forecasting
- Responsible for the timely and quality control of CAPEX and
OPEX consistent with project status, invoices received and
indications received from Asset Managers
- Develop monthly Accrual data reflects Value of Work done for
all AK functional groups (excluding drilling)
- Review value of work complete for all AFE's and WBS's with
Department Managers and contract owners to ensure accurate monthly,
quarterly and annual accruals
- Responsible for initiating the close out of relevant AFE's and
checking close out forms for content prior to their approval by
Department Managers or contract owners
- Responsible for providing the final project costs for all close
outs and ensure concurrence with Finance
- Ensure tracking of projects costs consistent with authorized
amounts. Advise Department Manager, Business Services' Manager
and/or contract owner when a re-authorization may be necessary
- Responsible for timely creation and approval of AFEs prior to
commencement of work
- Develop, implement and maintain process to track costs, which
help contract managers identify spending trends and opportunities
to save money
- Analysis spend and help identify opportunities to reduce
- Verify as needed costs are charged/ invoiced per the
- Comply with relevant Client Policies and Management System
Guidelines (MSG) as far as Project authorization, follow up and
close out Main Interfaces:
Interact regularly with Alaska Management Team including Production
Manager, Maintenance and Asset Integrity Manager, Well Operations
Project Manager, SEQ Manager, Logistics Supervisor, and Procurement
- 5+ years' experience in the oil and gas industry preferred,
with a minimum of 3 years in finance/ cost administration/
- University degree or equivalent (preferably Business).
- Experience with budget creation, tracking, accruals and
- MS Office required, SAP desirable.
- Well organized, able to solve problems and manage competing
- Great teamwork, results delivery and communications
- Knowledge of drilling and production operations.
Anchorage-based office position. Infrequent travel to the North
Slope or Houston may be required.
Health, Safety & Environmental Risk Category: Low
Keywords: OilCareers, Anchorage , Cost Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!